September 3, 2009

Waging War on Ants

We have had ants in our house all summer. Fire Ants. I've been trying to get rid of them by using multipurpose cleaner with bleach, and keeping all food sealed off tightly.
It is not working, and now that the summer is just about over more ants are coming in than ever before. I have ant bites all over my legs. I killed about six ants in bed the other morning. Something must be done.

Daniel and I bought foggers and ant killer on Tuesday. We plan to set the foggers off over the weekend when we head up to Columbus. Other plans for getting rid of these ants, going around an killing all the ants outside so they won't continue to move inside. I've heard boiling water works, so I'm trying that first.

In other news, I've launched a cooking blog thelovingbistro.blogspot.com Check it out. I'll have more recipes, tips, and food/eating trivia up soon.

1 comment: