September 14, 2009

Canoeing down the Okatoma

We went canoeing down the Okatoma in Seminary, Mississippi on Labor Day. The Okatoma has a few rapids. Rapids make canoeing more interesting. We did not flip over, but we did run into things (and we nearly ran into some swimmers!).

There were places where we got out to swim. We let ourselves be carried downstream in the rapids. This was a lot of fun. Daniel went swinging off a rope swing out into the water. He did this three times, but I only got one good picture.

All in all it was a lot of fun. It was a good day canoe trip.













4 comments:

  1. Foarte interesat subiectul postat de tine, m-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazu am sa mai revin cu siguranta.
    O zi buna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have deleted this comment because I don't speak Romanian and I had to translate this comment on freetranslation.com

    I just thought it was too weird to get a comment from a Romanian to delete.

    Freetranslation.com just gives a quick gist of what is said and not a complete (grammatically accurate) translation.

    Here is what Cioara Andrei said:
    Very interested subject issued by you, I look on your blogul and I like what I saw I have to be back to safety.
    A nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like so much fun, I would love to do that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear they took down the rope swings on the okatoma! guess it was "too dangerous". But i have to say those rapids looked a little more treacherous inyour pictures than I remembered them being! h

    ReplyDelete