April 6, 2009

Ladies tea, fish fry, children's church, etc.,

It has been a busy weekend for us. They had a ladies tea for the women in the church this Saturday. I rode over with, Susan, my sister in law. We arrived a little late due to traffic and detour through Jackson (trying to avoid the bad traffic). We did not miss much, they had just gotten started with the tea. We met at the Harrison's house. They have a lovely place. A large yard with a pond, and beautiful landscaping and gardening. Daniel and I went out there for a church picnic last year shortly before we got married. It was nice to be able to come back and see their garden in full bloom.

They had a Bible collection going for the African Bible College and they had a plant swap going on at the ladies tea. I did bring a Bible, but I did not bring a plant because I did not have any plants that I cared to part with.

It was nice to catch up with some of the ladies their and get to know people more. It was nice to get to catch up with Susan too, on the trip there and back.

Daniel bought fertilizer and more plants for the vegetable garden, while I was gone to the tea. He fertilized the garden, but he did not plant anything yet because it is supposed to get down to freezing tonight and tomorrow.

We went to help with the fish fry on Saturday evening at Providence Pres. It was a fund raising event for the missions trip this Summer. We were able to raise a little over $700 for the trip. We have another fund raiser coming up later I hope we do just as well at that one.

On Sunday, we had children's church. We have children's church for the whole month of April. We were teaching them about Palm Sunday and about how Jesus had to come to this world to save us from our sins. Then I asked,"Do you know what sins are?" I never know with children whether they understand this or not until I ask. One little girl's hand shot up and the she went into an explanation:
"A sin is when you push your little brother out of bed, climb up in his spot and then tell your mom that he fell out." I wonder how long ago this happened? I got a few more examples of sin from them. At least they understand what it is.
Daniel and I had a hard time keeping from laughing.

After church we went to lunch with the Elliotts. They are a great family and it has been a pleasure getting to know them. Robin Elliott is having a larger get together on Easter Sunday for lunch. Daniel and I plan on being there; I know we will all have a great time.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like ya'll had a great weekend...really busy, but those are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete